Sunday, March 29, 2009

Vamos Vamos Argentina

Helllllllllo. I don’t have to much to update, but I have an adventure story.

Adventure story:
So the Argentina national soccer team had a game verses Venezuela Saturday. My friends and I were dying to go, tickets were fairly cheap, but here’s the catch. You have to go Friday morning to get the tickets. Ticket windows opened at 6am. 6am??! That’s when people start going to bed after a night out! Well, in order to make the 6am window opening, it was obvious we were going to stay up all night. After ‘hip-hop night’ at a club, my friend Sam and I caught bus #160 out to the soccer stadium. It was around 5 when we got on the bus, ears ringing from the music and feet tired from dancing. We got to the stadium, hopped a couple fences and waited in line for a couple hours. Thank god for the man selling the coffee out of his grocery cart, if it weren’t for that, I would have found a bench and fell asleep. We finally got the tickets after the sun came up, and severe hunger kicked it. I got home around 10am, napped and had class. Maybe not the smartest life choice…but worth it. The game was a lot of fun. Argentina took the victory winning 4-0. Messi is on the Argentina team, and he’s apparently the best player in the world currently, at age 20/21! Insane. It was a good game, I tried to pick up on the cheers and sing along and jump when they said jump. An all-around adventure and a lot of fun. I hope they come back and I can catch another game.

School as been good. Tons and tons of reading. Kids are smart here, well in the public university they know what’s going on; the private one, it’s debatable. (Very much the opposite of the reputations of public v. private schools in the states.) Some really good questions asked, and great discussions have followed. I haven’t quite participated yet, but soon enough I hope to join in on the discussions.

Anyway, that’s about it. My mother is coming Thursday and I can’t wait! I’ve got some things planned, hopefully I’m a good guide, and translator for when she meets the host mum and boyfriend. Eek, that’ll be exhausting I imagine.

Until next time….

1 comment:

  1. Wow, my life is so boring in comparison to your adventure! I can tell by your blog that this trip is everything you expected and possibly more. Enjoy life, have lots of fun and acquire as much knowledge as you can. Most importantly, keep my life exciting through your blog.
    God bless and be safe
    Gigi Mickey Frasier & Sparklicious

    ReplyDelete